If you’re like us, you love the holiday season and everything that goes along with it. The parties, the music, the food, the celebrations, and events are all great reasons for the community to gather. Even if you just like driving around neighborhoods looking at lights, that’s a great opportunity to meander down streets and potentially spot a perfect home for sale.
Here are some of our favorite community events:
- Lake Wylie’s annual boat parade December 14th from 6:30 – 7:30 pm. Located at the Buster Boyd Access Area, near Papa Doc’s. The boats will circle in front of Riverpointe and pass the Lake Wylie boat landing so both are great viewing points.
- Rock Hill’s annual Christmasville festival is Dec. 5-8 and will include events for children and adults. Events include gingerbread contests, crafts, rides, live shows, chances to meet Santa, a petting zoo, food, carriage rides and carnival. The lighting of Winthrop University’s magnolia tree is 6 p.m. Dec. 6, followed by the city of Rock Hill Christmas Parade at 6:30.
- Historic Brattonsville is open for candlelight tours. This historic site helps you learn how the holidays were celebrated in the 18th and 19th centuries. Tours are $10 or are free if you are a Culture and Heritage Museum member. Make your reservation online. Tours are from 3 to 9 p.m. Dec. 7 and Dec. 14 at 1444 Brattonsville Road in McConnells.
- Tega Cay’s Christmas tree lighting and candy cane hunt is 6 p.m. Dec. 7 at the Glennon Center, 15083 Molokai Drive. The Fort Mill High School and Tega Cay Elementary chorus will sing Christmas carols as guests enjoy hot chocolate, cookies and a visit with Santa.
- If you love the circus, visit the city of York’s 80th annual tree lighting and Christmas parade is from 4 to 9 p.m. Dec. 6 at 43 N. Congress St. where the circus is the theme. Enjoy bands, circus performers, animals, and floats. Santa will be in attendance for photos and there will be activities for all as well as food available.
- Winterfest at Carowinds theme park transforms the park into a holiday wonderland. Open weekend nights Nov. 24th until Dec. 31st. There are performances, parades, and much more. Tickets are required and can be purchased online.
And if you spot that perfect home while you are out and about this holiday season, give us a call at 803-831-8588. We can schedule a private tour and help you navigate the process of purchasing your next home. You can view current listings on our website here and plan out your private tour of homes.