There are just a few short weeks left of the school year before the summer season is upon us. One of the most anticipated local events is the Downtown Summer Concert Series in Gastonia. There is a diverse lineup for this year sure to please a diverse audience. The first concert is Friday May 17th with a D.J. set at 6 pm and the main concert at 7 pm in downtown Gastonia.
Seven nights of concerts are planned for this year’s series being held every other week from May until August. The first six concerts will be held on Friday evenings and will follow the pattern of D.J. set at 6 pm and featured act at 7 pm. The final concert will be integrated as part of the annual Taste of Gaston festival and will be three separate concerts throughout the day and evening of Saturday August 10th.
The Gastonia Summer Concert Series is organized and overseen by the Gastonia East Rotary Club. They use a budget of $40,000 from the city to schedule shows, pay bands, coordinate vendors, and everything else needed for the events. Any remaining funds are used for public service projects in Gastonia.
Below is a list of the concerts scheduled for this year:
- Friday, May 17 – On the Border (Eagles Tribute band)
- Friday, May 31 – DeCarlo, featuring Tommy DeCarlo from the rock band Boston
- Friday, June 14 – Hot Wire & Nantucket
- Friday, June 28 – Runnin’ Down A Dream (Tom Petty tribute band)
- Friday, July 12 – Legacy Motown Revue
- Friday, July 26 – Randall Bramblett Band
- Saturday, August 10 – Band of Oz from noon to 2:30 p.m., Jim Quick and Coastline from 3 to 5:30 p.m., and Trial by Fire (Journey tribute band) from 7 to 9:30 p.m.
For more information on this event, see the full article in the Gaston Gazette.
If you are interested in viewing a home in the Lake Wylie area, close to Gastonia for easy access to the Gastonia Summer Concert Series, give us a call at 803-831-8588 or click here to search through current listings.