Labor Day has come and gone and this means that it is almost fall! This amazing time of year is perfect for picking apples, pumpkin patches, and festivals of all sorts. The cooler (hopefully) weather makes being outside with the community a great way to connect. Here are just a few of our favorite festivals close to Lake Wylie:
- Grandiflora Glass – now through September 29th at Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens. This is a botanical glass art exhibit within the gardens. Tickets are $14.95 for adults and $7.95 for children with children 2 and under free.
- Mid Autumn Fest – September 14, 6-9 pm at Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens. This is an Asian tradition of celebration beneath the harvest moon. Tickets are $14.95 for adults and $7.95 for children with children 2 and under free.
- The Great Pumpkin Fest – September 14th – October 27th at Carowinds. Free with your $48 park admission, celebrate the season with a corn maze, hay bale maze, challenge course, crafts and more.
- Flow Fest – September 21st and 22nd 7 am – 10 pm at the U.S. National Whitewater Center. Enjoy two days of yoga, mindfulness, and wellness. Cost is free to attend, workshops are an additional cost.
- GO FEST – September 26th 6:30-9 pm in Downtown Gastonia. The streets will be closed for live music and local brews and food trucks.
- Riverfest – September 28th 1-6 pm – Kevin Lofton Park in Belmont. This free festival will include log rolling and kayaking to highlight the river. Expect food trucks and vendor booths.
- Fall Festival – October 5th 9 am to 6 pm, U. S. National Whitewater Center. Enjoy fall yoga, obstacle courses, apple cider and a build-your-own boat competition. Free to enjoy.
- 20th Anniversary Festival – October 5th 11 am until 2 pm at Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens. Visit this family party with petting zoo, crafts and activities. Free to members, $8 adults, $4 kids 2-12, under 2 free.
These are just some of the many festivals worth attending. While you are checking out these festivals, check out the communities they are in. If you are thinking of relocating your family to one of these great spots, call us. If you are interested in a private tour of neighborhoods and homes in the Lake Wylie area, call us at 803-831-8588 to schedule with us. To view current listings and create custom searches, click here.